Office Manager wanted for NZCBC and Catholic Enquiry Centre
The date for applications for this position has closed.
The NZ Catholic Bishops Conference and the Catholic Enquiry Centre are looking for an experienced Office Manager to help make our Wellington office in Thorndon Quay run smoothly.
The Catholic Enquiry Centre helps to make the Church more alive and Christ better known by informing and inspiring faith inquirers. The NZCBC is the agency for the national work of the Catholic bishops of Aotearoa NZ. The two agencies work closely together, side-by-side on Level 5, 204 Thorndon Quay.
About the role
The Office Manager is primarily responsible for the implementation of CEC/NZCBC administration and office requirements. The roles supports CEC/NZCBC staff in their day-to-day activities in a collegial environment. The role is very varied, interesting, and would be a great fit for someone who is passionate about the mission of the Church, can communicate well, and show initiative.
This is a full-time permanent role, based on-site, in our lovely new office suite.
Skills and experience
You will bring to the role:
• High level of competence in computer and digital platforms
• Competency with Xero accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite software
• Can work autonomously and as part of a team
• Proven experience in a broad range of administrative duties
• Relevant tertiary qualifications
• Excellent writing and proof-reading skills
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Highly organised, excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise
• Flexible and able to switch between tasks quickly
• Able to handle confidential information with discretion
• Understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi / Treaty of Waitangi or willingness to develop an understanding
• A commitment to the vision, mission and values of the New Zealand Catholic Church
Applications for this position closed on March 15.