APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION CLOSED AT 5pm WEDNESDAY 9 FEBRUARY
Applications are invited for the position of Manager for the New Zealand Catholic Bishops Conference (NZCBC). The NZCBC coordinates the national activities and ministries of the Catholic Church.
The Manager reports to the NZCBC Executive Officer and holds a leadership role. This is a broad and interesting position that will vary every day. Key functions include:
• Coordinating projects, people, and agencies, to ensure the 20 plus NZCBC staff are supported in their work and that the bishops are well advised in their decision-making.
• Leading or supporting a broad range of ad-hoc events and initiatives as they arise, examples could include a national Mass or event, online training for staff on a specific matter, production of publications and so on.
• Supporting the Secretariat with the strategic planning and change management needs of Conference and its agencies.
• Fostering relationships with agencies, dioceses, and external bodies.
Our office is in the Catholic Centre in Wellington, across from Parliament, and a five-minute walk from the Wellington central train station. Along with your Secretariat colleagues you have the assistance of an Administrator. This is a permanent role, 25 to 37.5 hours negotiable.
The successful applicant will have excellent project and people skills and a professional background, including but not limited to:
• Experience in project management and/or human resources and/or administrative management or similar
• Track record of team leadership or good track record of team coordination
• High level of competence in computer and digital platforms
• Relevant tertiary qualifications
• Excellent writing and proof-reading skills
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Highly organised, excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi / Treaty of Waitangi or willingness to develop an understanding
• A commitment to the vision, mission and values of the New Zealand Catholic Church
The full job description is available here.
Applications close Wednesday 9 February at 5:00 pm. Please submit your cover letter and CV via email to Siobhan Dilly, Executive Officer, email@example.com
Inquiries to Siobhan Dilly, NZCBC Executive Officer, 04 496 1747, firstname.lastname@example.org