Applications sought for NZCBC Deputy Executive Officer
Applications are invited for the position of Deputy Executive Officer for the New Zealand Catholic Bishops Conference.
The Conference is the assembly of the Catholic Bishops of Aotearoa New Zealand coordinating the national activities and ministries of the Catholic Church. We are a non-profit religious charity.
Our work supported by the Secretariat which is managed by the Executive Officer and consists of a Communications Adviser, Accountant and Administrator. We are a small and highly supportive team environment, with many external relationships with highly valued people.
The Deputy Executive Officer reports to the Executive Officer and holds a leadership role in the Secretariat. This is a broad and interesting role that will vary every day. Along with your Secretariat colleagues you have the assistance of the Administrator.
Key functions include:
• Leading Human Resources, employee policy development, Information Technology and other projects and programmes that enable the 20-plus NZCBC staff to operate well.
• Supporting the Secretariat in both assisting Conference with its meetings and with the strategic planning and change management needs of Conference and its agencies.
• Fostering relationships with agencies, dioceses and external bodies.
• Leading or supporting a broad range of ad-hoc events and initiatives as they arise, examples could include a national Mass or event, online training for staff on a specific matter, production of publications and so on.
Our office is on the ground floor of the Catholic Centre in Wellington and a five-minute walk from the Wellington central train station. The successful applicant will have excellent people, managerial and writing skills, as well as a tertiary degree and professional background. This is a permanent part-time role, 30 hours negotiable. This role would suit an all-rounder who could learn quickly and operate efficiently.
This role would suit an all-rounder who could learn quickly and operate efficiently. The successful applicant will have:
• Experience in human resources, strategic planning, administrative management or similar
• Track record of team leadership or good track record of team coordination
• High level of competence in computer and digital platforms
• Relevant tertiary qualifications
• Excellent writing and proof-reading skills
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Highly organised, excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise
• Flexible and able to switch between tasks quickly
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi / Treaty of Waitangi or willingness to develop an understanding
• A commitment to the vision, mission and values of the New Zealand Catholic Church
The full job description is available by emailing email@example.com
Applications close Monday 9 August. Please submit your cover letter and CV to Cardinal John Dew via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Inquiries to Siobhan Dilly, Executive Officer, NZCBC, 04 496 1747, email@example.com