Applications for this position closed on Monday 17 April.
The New Zealand Catholic Bishops Conference is seeking an Executive Director who will be responsible for working with NZCBC agencies to implement the decisions of the bishops.
About the Organisation
Te Huinga o ngā Pīhopa Katorika o Aotearoa/the New Zealand Catholic Bishops Conference (NZCBC) is the assembly of the Catholic Bishops of New Zealand. It coordinates national activities and ministries of the Catholic Church including, social justice, international aid and development, Katorika Māori, education, communications and engagement with the public, liturgy, seminary formation, ecumenism, bioethics, interfaith relations, pastoral work in prisons and hospitals, and more.
About the Role
The Executive Director is responsible for working with NZCBC agencies in implementing the decisions of the NZCBC across three principal areas: firstly, supporting the meetings and decisions of the NZCBC; secondly, providing oversight of the financial, human resources and compliance requirements of the
NZCBC; and thirdly, supporting the NZCBC agencies in their work and supporting the forward planning and future-watch of the NZCBC.
Specifically, the Executive Director is responsible for:
• executive coordination for the bishops as they prepare for and undertake their meetings and in the carrying out of decisions;
• ensuring all financial, human resources and compliance requirements are met, and that all NZCBC employees operate within a safe, professional, and positive work environment;
• fostering the work of the NZCBC by supporting staff and leadership of agencies and committees; and
• assisting the Conference in carrying out strategic planning and change management.
Some of the attributes, skills and experience sought include:
• demonstrated experience in team leadership and/or senior management and the ability to role model a positive and collegial workplace culture;
• a personal commitment to the vision, mission and values of the Catholic Church in New Zealand;
• superb interpersonal and communications to reach a very diverse range of stakeholders;
• sound experience in overseeing financial reporting, preparing budgets and annual accounts; and
• an understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
This is a very diverse role, it provides a lot of intellectual stimulation and personal reward and would suit a person who seeks an opportunity to bring their skills, experience and values to the good work of the New Zealand Catholic Bishops’ Conference.
A comprehensive Position Description is available. To apply or have a discussion, please contact Chris Gilchrist on 027 5552074, or alternatively at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closed: The closing date for applications was 17 April, 2023.